The adoption process is complex, but working with a domestic adoption attorney can make adding a family member easier. Greenberg & Greenberg in Roslyn, NY assists with domestic adoptions. This type of private adoption, where a birth parent places a child directly with adoptive parents, occurs without an adoption agency's involvement. However, it does still require a home study, filing a petition and a rigorous legal process once the adoption process has begun.
Contact a domestic adoption attorney today if you'd like to pursue this path.
- The marital and family status of the adoptive parents
- The physical and mental health of the adoptive parents
- The status of any previous applications for a certification
- Property owned by, and the income of, the adoptive parents
- Results of a criminal background check and child abuse clearance
The court will also insist on a home study done by a social worker to determine if you can meet the child's needs. Reach out to us now if you have any questions about domestic adoption.